Thanks for your interest in writing a guest post for Mum In The Woods! I’m always interested in receiving well-written, unique guest posts from a variety of standpoints which will encourage and inspire my readers.
In particular, I am looking for posts that focus on:
- Pregnancy and conception
- Breastfeeding/ formula feeding
- Baby Sleeping
- Cloth Diapers
- Tips and tricks for the first year of motherhood (newborns and babies)
- Positive Birth Stories
Guidelines for Guest Posts
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Your submission will be reviewed and if it’s something original and that I haven’t posted before, you’ve got a great chance at it getting accepted.
- Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online). The only exception is for positive birth stories: I accept birth stories that have already been published on your own website.
- All posts should be at least 800 words, and preferably not longer than 2000 words. The only exception is for positive birth stories, where there’s no minimum word count requirements.
- Use of bullets, lists, and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- With the exception of personal stories or open letters, all posts should be list format or how-to’s
- The post should be SEO complaint using keywords and long-tail keywords.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- You can add up to 2 links pointing to your own blog. However, make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed.
- No affiliate links allowed.
- I do not pay for guest post submissions at this time.
How to submit Guest Posts
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A draft of your guest post
- A short 2-3 sentence bio
- A link to your blog
- Any picture / video that you want to include
What happens after I Guest Post?
Once your guest post is submitted I will review it and contact you if your article idea is a good fit for Mum In The Woods. I will also edit it for grammar or spelling and to make sure it is SEO friendly.
I will then contact you with the exact date your article will go live – usually 1-2 weeks after the submission.
Once I publish your article, I will share it on our social media channels, and you can feel free to share it on yours! This should help drive traffic to both of our websites!
You retain the rights to your article, but do not copy or post the article on another blog or website. I give you full credit for the post, but I need original work to be unique to my site.
We look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait to publish your work on Mum In The Woods!